What Information Do We Collect and Why?
FQ collects data from you, through our interactions with you and through our Services, to personalize, develop, deliver and provide its Services. FQ uses data and content it collects to facilitate communications and data sharing amongst users for promoting career opportunities and network growth. We also use the personal data available to us to conduct research and analysis on global workplace equality and the advancement of such. Our Services help users connect with others and share information and news on business opportunities and workplace equality. You provide some of this data directly, and we get some of it by your interactions with the Services. The data collected depends on the context of your interactions with the Services. We may also obtain data about you from third parties. FQ may collect the following types of data:
- Information Provided by the User: We collect and use visitor-provided information (e.g., profile, contact information, title and industry, gender, location, etc.), which may also include at the user’s discretion various other categories of personally identifiable information (e.g., photos, posts, contact/friend lists, etc.). You have choices when it comes to data you share. The information you choose to share with FQ may be publicly viewed in connection with its Services and re-shared anywhere in the world. By choosing to use FQ’s Services, FQ users agree, as a condition their use of the Services, that their profile information and other personally identifiable information that they directly input at their discretion in order to access FQ’s Services, may be publicly viewed in connection with FQ’s Services and re-shared anywhere in the world.
- Data Collected from Interactions with the Services: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information. We may use different technologies to collect information, including cookies, web beacons, and software development kits (SDKs), which help us improve our Services and your experience and see which areas and features of our Services are most popular among our users and understand usage and campaign effectiveness.
- Information Collected by Other Sites: If you access FQ’s Services through a social media site or other site or service to share information with us, we may have access to certain information from that site or service, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media or site or service.
To be sure, FQ collects and uses data and content to facilitate global workplace equality and the advancement of such. Our Services help users connect with others and share information and news on business opportunities and workplace equality. FQ may share user’s data with third parties as needed to perform essential functions associated with the ongoing operations of the services. FQ may use the data it collects in the following ways, such as to:
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of FQ and others;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content, or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected;
- Consult with vendors and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf in connection with the Services;
- Respond to a request for information, if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- Aggregate user information, which aggregated information will not be specifically identifiable to a user (“Aggregated Information”), and share, license or sell said Aggregated Information with third-parties;
- Use data, collected from the user itself (e.g., profile) or collected from the user’s uses of our Services (e.g., search history) to offer targeted advertising (For more information about interest-based ads, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices, or, if you are in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) (“EEA”), http://www.youronlinechoices.eu);
- Send notices, updates, newsletters or news regarding the Services it provides Communicate with you about products, services, offers, and events offered by FQ and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you; and provide such data:
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
We store the information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law. FQ is based in the United States and we process and store information in the United States. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it. Note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data. If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, erased, or transferred. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you are a resident of the EEA and have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. To protect the safety of Users or the public. FQ reserves the right to transfer personal information to a successor in interest that acquires rights to that information as a result of the sale of FQ or substantially all its assets to that successor in interest.
Security and Encryption
We understand the need for safety and reliable safeguarding of sensitive information. We also implement several security protocols to best protect your personally identifiable information from unauthorized access and copying. However, bear in mind there is no such thing as impenetrable security and the internet is ripe with hackers. It is possible that sophisticated wrongdoers could intercept private information despite even the highest precautions being taken.