Social Media Lead
The Female Quotient is a company advancing equality in the workplace through collaboration, bringing visibility to women, activating solutions for change, and creating metrics for accountability.
The Female Quotient’s Media Team is seeking a Social Media Lead. As a key member of the team, you will be responsible for developing and implementing a content and social media strategy targeted at business professionals.
- Collaborating with the Media Team to write social media content before, during, and after events, bringing visibility to women around the world through curated content and powerful storytelling.
- Leading content campaigns across social media channels.
- Writing and editing in an array of formats, including: long-form articles and social media captions and commentary. Candidate must be capable of writing from multiple perspectives and have a commanding sense of the Female Quotient’s brand voice and POV.
- Staying current with news and trends relevant to our audience of global professionals, elevating our current suite of content offerings.
- Creating and implementing a unique strategy for LinkedIn and Twitter and developing relevant content.
- Leading social media community engagement on LinkedIn and Twitter, effectively scheduling and publishing content daily.
- Monitoring LinkedIn and Twitter in real-time to identify strategic opportunities and be in the know on issues related to equality.
- Manage web and social listening for trending content, events, and news.
- Proactively seeking opportunities that align with social media goals and growth.
- Executing event and conference social media coverage, including livestreaming programming, live tweeting quotes, live posting on LinkedIn and highlighting FQ brand partners.
- Regularly sharing insights with key stakeholders to inform strategic optimizations.
- Participating in creative reviews to ensure content strategy is on-brand and aligned with the overall content calendar.
- Finding just the right word — and sometimes, the right emoji.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 4+ years working in journalism and/or social media
- Proven track record working for a news or media organization.
- Excellent writing skills and an engaging style, with a proven ability to write in different tones, with an emphasis on business, targeting global professionals on LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Experience writing for web and social.
- Experience gathering social KPIs.
- Knowledge of best practices within each social media platform.
- Flawless spelling and grammar, with a rigorous attention to detail.
- Ability to independently lead multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of how SEO influences writing.
- A true passion for storytelling and social media.
- Ability and eagerness to travel to conferences and events. This role has travel up to 50%.
- A person alone has power — together, we have impact. We are looking for a candidate who is collaborative and committed to advancing equality in the workplace.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, two references, and at least three published writing samples (social media posts, articles, blog posts, etc.).