How To #MakeEqualityMoves
From where we stand today, gender equality is still 202 years away, according to the World Economic Forum’s Global Gender Gap Report. We don’t know about you, but we can’t wait that long!
That’s why The Female Quotient teamed up with the Burns Group, a female-led, NYC-based brand transformation company, to launch the #MakeEqualityMoves initiative at The FQ Lounge @ Cannes Lions. The idea behind the campaign is simple: to challenge companies, leaders, and everyone to Make Equality Moves through specific action steps across The Female Quotient’s four core pillars: Parity, Advancement, Culture, and Leadership.
Here is how you can #MakeEqualityMoves from where you stand today:
- Practicing mentorship in the moment.
- Creating multi-generational teams so we maximize our strengths.
- Providing women with the same opportunities you give to men.
- Finding a sponsor or mentor who is different than you.
- Showing your employees a clear pathway to success.
- Placing an interruption bell in every meeting room to ensure that all voices are heard.
- Instituting paid parental leave to eliminate the motherhood penalty.
- Following the “Platinum Rule”: do unto others as they would want done unto themselves.
- Implementing life-stage profile accommodations to help attract and retain the best talent.
- Hacking equality through conscious mindset training.
- Setting key performance indicators for equality.
- Inquiring about diversity representation before agreeing to speak on panels.
- Bringing empathy and compassion to the boardroom.
- Having an open and transparent culture so everyone feels comfortable sharing the good, bad and the ugly.
- Doing more than just signing another pledge, actually #MakeEqualityMoves.
- Adding diversity requirements in your request for proposal during supplier selection.
- Using a wage gap calculator to simulate scenarios to close the gap and optimize the economic opportunity.
- Tracking diversity at the bidding stage to assure representation.
- Ensuring that there is a minimum threshold of at least 30 percent of women in your workforce to transform culture.
- Hiring for passion, training for skill.